Friday, March 6, 2009

Amanda's Chicken Recipe

Amanda told me about a great recipe. She cooks chicken breasts in concentrated orange juice and onion soup mix in a crock pot.  I didn't have onion soup mix but I did have onion powder and garlic powder and orange juice concentrate and chicken breasts so I put all that into a cast iron frying pan, added some chicken broth since I thought it might boil dry with just the OJ, threw in some salt and pepper and mushrooms, a few chopped pieces of onion and cut up a jalapeno pepper.  It was spicy but good.  Thanks for the idea, Amanda.    Danny was working with the missionaries last night and they stopped by for dinner.  Luckily there was lots of chicken.  One poor Utah elder was a little uncomfortable with the spice level so Danny took them for dippin' dots ice cream on the way back to their car.

0 comments: